Monday, November 16, 2015

Thing 22: Mobile Things

The app I'm going to blog about is Hello Brain. It gives you an activity to do every day - I think for 100 days - to improve your brian health. In our journal club in work we had a talk about Hello Brain. I'm on the journal club committee and heard a colleague talking about it and asked her to give a talk. It was very interesting. In doing the hello brain challenge with the app different parts of your brain are put to work. All the categories improve your brain health. Some of the challenges involve doing something physical, some are about doing something social, they may be about getting your memory working (learning something off). I was doing well at it until my phone stopped working and until RudaĆ­ 23 took over. But I can go back to it! I have done many of them. They included share a funny story with a colleague or learn the words of a song off by heart and go and do some exercise etc. I would recommend this to everyone and hopefully we will have healthy brains as we age!

We don't have a beacon in our library. I think it's good to have a screen in a library with the day's events on it like they have (or at least had) in Tallaght Library. I do think reminding people of books due back by phone is a good idea. I text my users who are not on the email system if they have books that are overdue.

I never did learn about Zotero so from that perspective I think 23 Mobile Things would be useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment