Sunday, October 11, 2015

Rudaí 12: Conferences

I went to "From Abstract to Audience" on Friday 2 October 2015 in the National Library of Ireland.

I applied for approval for the time to attend. I paid the €20 myself, as I knew all funding had been allocated for 2015.

I was interested in joining the CPD committee and made this known to the first person I met. She introduced me to committee members. I knew several people from the Health Sciences Libraries Group. I spoke to someone new. She looked young and was a student. I said hi when we were in the line for tea and asked her where she's based. She got talking to another person (that I knew) by standing close to me. They are both interested in biometrics, whatever that is. Oh, and one of the Health people introduced me to her neighbour who it just so happens I'd be corresponding with by email recently - through Rudaí 23 - so it was lovely to meet her in person.

I used the programme to write my notes.

I don't know what I would do differently.

In case the organisers of the conference read this I would like to commend you for how well those with a dietary requirement were catered for. All our dietary requirement meals were clearly labelled on one side of the room whereas all the other sandwiches were on the other side. Fantastic, and drama-free. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Organisers love to get comments like that - these are the things they need to know! I'ts great when you meet up with people that you have only had contact with virtually - nice to faces to the names. Christine #Rudaí team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've joined their committee so will make sure to tell them in person!

      Delete