Sunday, March 4, 2018

Thing 10: Networking Tools

R10 is about Facebook and Twitter; both of which I use. I checked and my Facebook public username is in the format suggested by the post. I checked my privacy settings and didn't see any changes I need to make (but it's not so clear to me what all the settings mean!). I've updated some of my information in the About section. I've applied to join Irish Librarians Community of Practice. I'm already in the Rudaí 23 group. That is my activity for R10 completed. I set up a group called Vegetarian and Vegan House Share Ireland when I found a need for it in my own life. I continue to co-admin it. I have been an admin for other groups / pages too but this is the only one I'm doing now.

On Twitter I already follow a lot of the people / organisations listed. I've also participated in Twitter chats with LAICDG and HSLG. I've recently Tweeted using the # sneachta - for example: 

@Rudaí23 retweeted it! :-) 


And I've just learned how to embed a Tweet in Blogger! Thank you Google, and especially http://www.internetsmash.com/2015/09/embed-tweets-in-blogger.html. You have to change to HTML to be able to get the code to work as intended. Great! 

What I'm not so good at is Tweeting during conferences. I don't really like the distraction. But I know it's helpful for others and I've done so before. Maybe I'll send out a few at the forthcoming A&SL conference!

Update: I didn't Tweet at the conference because I arrived late and didn't have the WiFi code. Oops.  

No comments:

Post a Comment