Thursday, March 1, 2018

Thing 7: Online Exhibitions

I've been thinking about R7 for a few days now. It seems really hard! I was thinking about what I have and what I could use. I looked at some other entries and saw not everyone did R7. Someone did a family tree. Someone didn't do an exhibition but blogged about the ones they looked at. Things I have around me are Special Olympics memorabilia, magazines I was involved in producing, and lots of cat photos. I thought some more and concluded I could make an exhibition about my Sylvanian Family "collection". (For some of my other ideas I'm unsure about copyright restrictions.)

The R7 post said to use other exhibitions for inspiration. I Googled "online exhibition" and found that there is a Harry Potter exhibition thanks to the British Library. The Irish Times had an article about it. The exhibition uses Google Arts & Culture. That platform was covered in R7.

Here is a sample poster about the physical exhibition, from when it was in Madrid. Here is a book on the exhibition. Here's a guide that's on Pinterest.

And here is the online exhibition!

In thinking about my own exhibition, I'm looking at the Sylvanian Families site. I see they are not just targeting children, as they have a more grown up site too!

Here is my online toy exhibition. It's on Blogger. Let's keep it simple. I tried to set up pages but I couldn't view them in the blog so I copied and pasted the content into posts. I added a picture to the homepage but then it wouldn't show the name of the blog so I scrapped it. Eventually it let the pages be viewed by clicking the icon on the home page, and I ended up with two logs of pages as well as the posts. I kept the posts and one lot of pages! So it all involved a lot of experimenting and time! But it's done! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment